A text-heavy story can put off readers, so include images! Here's how:
Step 1. Open/create a story from your Stories list.
Step 2. Once in the editor, go to the Write tab (where you type your story).
Step 3. Whenever you are on a new line, you will see our media embedder bar appear. Click on the Add image option.
Step 4. Two options will now be displayed:
- Upload image: choose an image file from your own computer to use.
- Search free stock images: find an image from the Unsplash database.
To find a stock image, just enter a keyword into the search box and press Enter. A gallery of images will then be presented to you. Click on one of the images to automatically add it to your story.
Click on your chosen image to alter multiple aspects of it.
- The size of the image in the story. Depending on the actual size, larger options may not be available.
- Add a link to the image. When a reader clicks on it, they will be sent to the URL specified.
- The alt tag of the image. Useful for adding a text description of what the image is showing. Allows search engines to crawl through your website easier and offers more accessibility for visually impaired readers.
- Edit the image directly inside StoryChief (crop/apply filters/add shapes/rotate/flip). More info.
- Add a caption for the image.