When connecting your Shopify Store with any custom app, you will need to manage API access tokens from your Shopify Store. In order to use our Shopify integration you will need the URL of your Shopify Store and an API access token. In this article you will learn how to generate and find this API access token within your Shopify Store.
1. Enable custom app development within Shopify
Log in to your Shopify Store as the store owner.
Click on 'Settings' in the admin section on the left sidebar.
3. A dropdown menu will appear. Click on 'Apps and sales channels settings'.
4. In the next window that appears click on 'Develop apps for your store'.
5. Click to 'Allow Custom App Development'.
6. In the next window, read the warning and information provided and click 'Allow Custom App Development' again.
7. After you've allowed the custom app development, you can select 'Create an app'.
8. You'll be asked to give your app a name, and add your email in the "App developer" text box.
9. Once you've created an app, navigate to the 'Configuration' tab and select 'Configure'
10. In the "Admin API Integration" section.Under "Admin API access scopes" you'll see many categories. Search for "Blog" and enable both 'write_content' and 'read_content' and click 'Save'.
2. Generate and API Access Token from the Shopify admin
Head to the tab 'API Credentials'.
Click on 'Install' in the "Access tokens" box.
Confirm the installation by clicking on 'Install' in the window that appears.
Now you will see your Admin API Access Token has been generated. Click on 'Reveal token once' and you will see the token.
5 . You know have an API Access Token 🎊 . Copy the token and keep it in a safe place.
6- Go back to your Storychief account to connect your Shopify website .
📚 Next steps?