Connecting to all of your channels with StoryChief is a breeze, but occasionally you may need to reconnect to keep publishing. We will explore why in this help article.
How to reconnect a channel
This can be done by visiting your channels page and clicking on the reconnect link.
Personal websites channels (WordPress, Webflow, Drupal, etc.)
If StoryChief is unable to connect to your website then it will be necessary to reconnect it. If you are unable to establish a connection, try the following suggestions:
- Whitelist the user agent "Story Chief" in your firewall (if you have one). Instructions for Cloudflare.
- Try disabling any new modules/plugins installed on your website. If this fails, disable every single one that isn't related to StoryChief.
- Make sure that your website is online and available to others.
Social network channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
If one of these channels has become disconnected, it is likely because our permission to post on your behalf has been revoked.
Some platforms always require you to reauthenticate every X amount of days, as shown below:
How long the connection is typically valid for
Google My Business
Most disconnects will be because of that, however, you may otherwise need to reauthenticate if:
- A significant change has happened inside your social account (e.g. you changed your password).
- The social platform detects unusual activity in your account. This could just be you logging in to the platform with multiple devices or using different social accounts on one device.
- Adding/removing admins from the social account (Facebook).
- Our permissions to publish may have been removed by a user.
Do you still need help?
Reach out to our support team by opening a chat or sending an email to email@example.com.